Mandate [ Download ] (271.3 KB)
Pursuant to Presidential Decree No. 198 (Provincial Water Utilities Act of 1973), the Davao City Water District was formed for the purpose of the following:
- Acquiring, installing, improving, maintaining and operating water supply and distribution systems for domestic, industrial, municipal and agricultural uses for residents and lands within the boundaries of such districts;
- Providing, maintaining and operating wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal facilities; and
- Conducting such other functions and operations incidental to water resource development, utilization and disposal within such districts, as are necessary or incidental to said purpose. (Presidential Decree No. 198, Chapter II, Sec. 5)
Best and gender-responsive water and wastewater service provider with utmost care for the people and the environment.
We commit to supply potable and affordable water 24 hours a day, provide wastewater treatment services, operate efficiently, take a proactive role in environmental concerns, promote inclusive development through equal and equitable access to water, and keep a competent workforce.
- Exceed by 25% the projected water demand covered by available resources
- Increase water service coverage to 77% of Davao City's population
- Sustain quality and supply capacity of water resources
- Meet the PNSDW in all water supply systems
- Provide wastewater services
- Improve operational efficiency
- Maintain a motivated and competent workforce
- Mainstream Gender and Development (GAD) in policies, people, PIPs/PPB, systems and mechanisms
- Achieve financial sustainability
- Ensure a satisfied customer base
Efficient and effective management of all resources for water security in Davao City
Service with Dignity and Honor.